Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to the most frequently asked questions today, or call our team for your free consultation. 

Need a Will?

We're here to help

Serving Pittsburgh Since 1930

Discover how our firm has been helping families around the area for multiple generations.

Learn More


Finding the right law firm to represent you and your family can seem like a daunting task, but we’re here to help make it a simpler one. Browse some of the most frequently asked questions below or contact our team directly. We would be glad to answer any questions you have.

What is Civil Litigation?

Civil litigation is simply non-criminal litigation.  Civil litigation cases may go to trial or arbitration/mediation or may be settled between the parties.  Civil litigation also includes personal injury (auto accident, slip and fall, dog bite, etc.), medical malpractice, product liability, premises liability, contract and real estate disputes are just a few examples.

What is the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim?

Essentially, you have 2 years from the date of an accident/injury to file a lawsuit.  Although it is important you do not wait.  You should call an attorney immediately so that your case can be properly assessed, all evidence is secured, photographs and medical records are timely obtained.  This is vital before a reasonable settlement demand can be made.

What are your fees?

Our fees vary based on the case.  Except for personal injury cases, our fee is hourly and based on our time spent performing legal work.  In a personal injury case there is no fee unless we obtain a settlement or court judgment on your behalf.  Criminal cases, such as DUIs or summary offenses, may have a flat fee or we may require a retainer for a more complex case which will be charged on an hourly basis.  Certain document preparations are on a flat fee basis and civil litigation cases are often charged at an hourly rate.  Call us to discuss your type of case and review our fees and rates.

More about Estate Fees

Do I need to hire an attorney to appeal my property assessment?

It is not required to have an attorney at your appeal hearing, but the municipality and/or school district will have legal representation.  Our attorneys have the knowledge and often the relationship with opposing counsel to possible negotiate a settlement on your behalf.  We can also assist you if you need to appeal your assessment to the next level.


Claim your Free Consultation

Call or email us to learn how our family-owned firm can assist you.